1) Efforts by JPA
Confirming safety of local patient groups and support determination:
- Initial contact difficult due to communication network collapse
- Days later we became aware that some directors survived in emergency shelters
- DSeveral more days later, patient groups restored activities and continued to prioritize confirmation of members’ safety
- DContact with NANBYOREN offices was unavailable due to the disaster causing extreme consternation as to the safety of the directors.
- DFortunately, after a couple of more days, we began to hear from the directors and their harrowing survival stories.
- DConsequently, it took some time before the groups could undertake their usual activities.